Have you ever deleted important files and want to challenge your brain? Well, you don’t have to anymore, these diskdigger alternatives give you the ability to recover your data almost instantly.
These are excellent file recovery programs, with similar or better features than diskdigger.
Among the alternatives we offer, you can find free and paid programs.
But either way, all of them will more than meet the expectations one might have for a recovery program.
Recoverit (IS) for Windows
The first of the diskdigger alternatives can be none other than Recoverit (IS). Recoverit (IS) for Windows is a powerful data recovery tool that you can use to save deleted files or lost data easily and safely.
It has four recovery modes that work regardless of the cause of file loss. The lost data recovery mode will help you recover data that you may have deleted through Command + Delete or emptying the Recycle Bin.
- This program is very easy to use.
- With this program, your data is recovered quickly and safely. The Recoverit
- Recoverit (IS) has four recovery modes, which play an important role in data recovery.
- With this tool, you can preview your data before restoring it.
- With the free version, you can only recover 100 million data.
TestDisk is a free Recuva data recovery software designed for Windows. It is a powerful software that can recover many types of files, including lost partitions and data files, among others.
If your disk is not bootable, this software is a tool that can make your disk bootable again.
These problems may be due to a software virus attack or human error, such as accidental deletion. It is quite easy to do a partition table recovery using TestDisk.
- This application is very simple and easy to use.
- TestDisk can recover files lost due to any cause.
- With this application you can recover a large number of files.
- This program can help you to rebuild NTFS boot sector.
- With this tool you can fix your MFT with MFT mirror.
- TestDisk allows you to repair partition table and recover deleted partitions.
- It can run on different windows like 2003, Vista, 2008, 2008, XP, 2000 and NT4.
- Its user interface is not easy to use.
PhotoRec is a powerful free alternative to diskdigger for Windows. It is quite safe because it does not write to the memory folder or drive you want to recover your data from.
The recovered files will be saved in the folder where they are stored. You can perform a number of processes such as selecting drives and partitions, starting the recovery process, initiating search and selection options, among others.
The PhotoRec software interface is no longer a GUI but a modified command prompt. It only accepts keyboard commands. This application will automatically search for lost files and mark the best option the user needs to press the Enter button.
- PhotoRec is a very fast tool.
- It has an easy to use interface.
- It is extremely secure.
- PhotoRec is a free application.
- PhotoRec requires more knowledge and skills than other tools.
Stellar Phoenix is one of the most recommended alternatives to diskdigger for Windows as it allows you to recover partitions that have been deleted or even inaccessible for Windows.
With this software you can recover many types of files such as partitions, data, photos and data among many others. To be precise, this software will allow you to recover more than 300 types of files.
This tool can effectively handle all aspects of data loss. This includes corruption, accidental formatting of your media, corruption of your disk and accidental deletion among other things.
If you accidentally delete your email in MS Outlook or Outlook Express, this tool can be useful to give you a solution. Stellar Phoenix supports data recovery from Windows 10, 7, 8, Vista and XP.
- It can recover multiple files up to 300 different file types.
- Has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use.
- With this application you can recover files regardless of the cause of their disappearance.
- It will allow you to preview your files before the actual restoration.
- It may allow you to compress your files before restoring them.
- It has the ability to monitor your hard drive, allowing you to get general information about the recovery process.
- Scanning is a bit slow.
PC3 Data Rescue
Data Rescue PC3 is a good data recovery software for Windows. Data loss can be due to a damaged or corrupted hard drive or even human error.
This application comes with a bootable CD that you plug in, boot and then start recovering your data. Don’t be confused when using the repair utility if you haven’t recovered your important files and saved them in a safe place.
- The new emergency bootable CD is compatible with most Windows PCs.
- New file types are supported by this application.
- Data Rescue PC3 has improved scanning speed. The engine
- can support drives larger than 1.5TB.
- Additional data storage devices are supported.
- Data Rescue PC3 has a user-friendly interface.
- This application is a bit expensive.
How can I completely uninstall DiskDigger from my computer?
Many computer users are also looking for a solution to remove DiskDigger from their computer system. Installing a program is easy because you just need to double-click its installer and follow the instructions.
But it is more complicated when you want to uninstall it completely, as you may encounter various problems during the uninstallation process, such as strange error messages or not finding it in Programs and Properties. If you are looking for effective solutions to remove DiskDigger, please refer to the uninstall methods below.
Errors can be caused by incorrect uninstallation methods
All error messages are caused by incomplete uninstallation of related programs. Incomplete uninstallation of the program will leave invalid keys in the system registry, which will cause such an error while the system is still running them.
Automatically uninstall DiskDigger (recommended).
The automatic uninstaller will scan the entire registry and hard drive, and detect all the files and components which belong to DiskDigger. With it, completely uninstall a program can be as easy as ABC for you in the future.
Manual uninstallation of DiskDigger
There are several methods to manually uninstall DiskDigger. We will detail each of them below. But first we need to take a first step.
Step 1: terminate all processes related to DiskDigger: hold down the Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys on your keyboard to open the Task Manager. Then click on the associated process and press the End Process (in Windows 7, Vista) or End Task (in Windows 8) button.
Now let’s move on to the methods and procedures:
Method 1: Uninstall DiskDigger via Control Panel.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: Press the Windows key and the R key to open Run domain.
- Step 2: When the Run command appears, type appwiz.cpl and then press the OK button.
- Step 3: right-click DiskDigger and click Uninstall to start the uninstall process.
Note: Computer users can usually uninstall programs like DiskDigger through Control Panel. But not everything goes according to everyone’s wishes and sometimes problems arise.
For example, the user may not find DiskDigger in the Control Panel or the uninstall process may be interrupted by a strange error.
If an unexpected problem occurs and you really want to completely remove DiskDigger from your computer system, you should use the following methods and remove all its files and system components as follows: done by hand.
Method 2: uninstall DiskDigger via antivirus tool
Some unwanted programs can be installed on your computer without anyone noticing because they like to spread by attaching free software and games that people usually download online.
Sometimes you cannot remember when a certain program was installed on your computer until you have suffered a lot from its annoying pop-ups. Usually, such potentially unwanted programs can escape detection by your installed antivirus.
If you tried the above methods and still cannot remove DiskDigger, you really need to check if it is a virus. If it is a computer virus, it will be removed automatically when you click Remove after scanning.
Method 3: Reinstall to uninstall DiskDigger
If some of the program files needed to uninstall DiskDigger are missing or damaged, you may not be able to uninstall them. Believe it or not, reinstalling DiskDigger may be sufficient. If you still have the original disk or the DiskDigger download file, you can try it to repair the program. After the repair, you can try to uninstall again.
Note: you should know that the registry is one of the most important parts of the Windows system, so you should be very careful when deleting any registry key. Any minor mistake can lead to serious problems or even system failures.
Therefore, DiskDigger removal by editing the registry is only recommended for computer users with some computer skills. If you do not want to risk damaging your computer system, you should use an automatic registry cleaner to clean invalid keys.
On the other hand, even if you uninstall DiskDigger in the Control Panel and remove invalid keys in the registry, there are still folders on the hard drive. To completely remove DiskDigger from your system, you can go to the following locations to delete the associated folders.
- C:\Program Files (x86)
- C:\Program Files
- C:\Usersault “Local Data”.
- C:\Users Default AppData Roaming
Method 4: Uninstall install DiskDigger via the automatic uninstaller.
Manual uninstallation of DiskDigger cannot promise 100% removal, especially for users with low computer skills. If you tried the manual uninstall methods above but is still unable to remove DiskDigger from your system, then you should use the automatic uninstaller to do it yourself. With just a few clicks, you can easily uninstall any program.
Now you know the best alternatives to DiskDigger, you won’t have to worry anymore if you lose control when deleting your folders and/or files. Any of these software can be your best ally when you need to recover valuable information. We hope you enjoy one or more of these options, feel free to leave comments and/or suggestions.