It is not the first nor will it be the last time that we talk about the need to establish backup copies of the operating system and the data stored on our PC. If we do, we will not have to regret when the computer stops working or important data is lost.
We have already talked about more than one application that deals with creating those copies. Now we are going to talk about one that has just presented an update. We are referring to AOMEI Backupper Standard , a free application with great features.
recover what has been lost
Whenever there is a system failure or data loss caused, for example, by external applications, this program will do what is necessary to recover everything that has been lost.
It is clear that for this to happen you will have to install the software on your computer and make the backup copy or copies at the appropriate times. The program offers basic and advanced options to successfully carry out our demands.
Among the options offered by this program are the following:
- Make a backup copy of the most important files and folders after setting a schedule that takes care of doing it as often as we indicate.
- Create a system image in order to keep all the applications installed in Windows always safe.
- Allows you to make backup copies of the entire hard drive, specific areas or entire partitions. It is capable, likewise, of cloning everything that we indicate.
- With this application you will save time and effort when making full, incremental or differential backups.
Backups, as you may have guessed, can be total, incremental, and differential. These last two are used to add new data to the copy already established in the first case, or to modify saved data in the second.
The copies support an encryption system that will increase its security, and also the compression capacity. It is also possible to add comments to the backups , and edit them when we consider it necessary.
in the new versions
In the latest versions, new options have been added and some bugs have been fixed. This is the relationship:
- Support for multiple languages has been added.
- Fixed issue that occurs when backing up frequently.
- Adaptation of the program window for high resolutions.
- 4 types of backup schemes have been added: full backup scheme, incremental backup scheme, differential backup scheme, and lastly, automatic space management.
- Added a command line clone for backup and restore.
- Support for 4K monitors has been added.
- Optionally, the reservation of license information is activated when uninstalling the program. There is no need to register the program again when reinstalling the same edition of the program.
- The option is available to choose whether to restart, suspend or hibernate the task after a backup has completed.
- Fixed issue: No data on destination disk partitions after disk restore and clone. So it is possible to clone hdd to ssd .
- Fixed issue: Unable to perform scheduled task in Windows Small Business Server 2011.
- Fixed issue: The program reports that a scheduled task has been done, but it hasn’t actually been done.
- Optimized the recognition mode of the system partition in the boot environment of Windows PE and Linux.
- There is also the possibility of carrying out a system restore .
- Optimized the interface and user interaction.
- A feedback tool has been added . With it it is possible to send comments. Just click “Menu” at the top right corner of the main interface and select “Feedback”.
- Support to edit the tasks that do not have any backup image files.
- The failed task email notification message has been improved.
- Updated SSL email notification.
- The registration step when upgrading the Standard Edition has been optimized.
- Fixed a problem: Linux partitions are shown as empty.
- Fixed a problem: the program crashes when loading GPT disks on some systems.
- Fixed issue: local file or folder with the same name was opened when double-clicking the file or folder on the Share/NAS node.
- Fixed problem: file attributes (read/hide) changed after being restored.
- Fixed many other issues found in previous versions.
- Option to allow backups to be controlled by AOMEI Centralized Backupper (ACB), a new centralized backup management tool that allows you to create and manage backup jobs for all network client computers from one computer, is available centralized management.
To get the program, as we have already indicated for free, you have to access the AOMEI Backupper Standard download page from the URL Download Free Windows Backupper Standard . In this new version, 7.1.1, the changes started in version 7.1.0 of the application have been extended.
If you want to get more options, you can use the Pro version of the program, but we recommend that you try the free version, in many cases it will be enough. The program supports the latest versions of Windows.