You will not be one of those who let your computer fill up with unnecessary files and data, I think not, you worry about cleaning and optimizing your computer frequently. Surely you use an application that takes care of cleaning, such as Wise Disk Cleaner or Wise Care 365 . There are quite a few designed to do it, some better and some worse.
There are some that work with high precision, such as the one we are proposing today, BleachBit , an application that works on both Windows and macOS and Linux, and that eliminates everything that is left over, recovering the necessary space on your hard drive. Delete the files that you don’t need at all and everything that could be compromised for your privacy.
Delete everything left over from cache, cookies, Internet history, temporary files, and broken shortcuts. It cleans everything produced by the most important browsers as well as the remains produced by OpenOffice.org, Flash, GIMP, Google Earth, Java, RealPlayer, Skype, XChat, and many more. Try BleachBit and you will see the results, it will not cost you anything, the application is open source and free, and it is constantly evolving.
Among the options offered by BleachBit , focused on cleaning and maintaining privacy, the following stand out:
- The cleaning operation is very simple: read the descriptions, select the boxes you want, click preview, and finally click Delete.
- It is a cross-platform application, it works on Linux, on macOS and on Windows.
- It is a free tool.
- Being open source you can share it with whoever you want and modify it.
- It does not include adware, spyware, or installable toolbars in your web browser(s).
- It is a program translated into 61 languages, including Spanish.
- Allows file sharing to hide its content and prevent data recovery.
- Completely delete any file, whatever its type.
- Overwrites free disk space in order to hide files that have been deleted.
- It offers a portable version for Windows, it can be run without installation.
- It includes a command line interface for scripting and for automation. (On macOS this is the only way to work with the app.)
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using an XML file.
- It allows to automatically import and update winapp2.ini in order to keep files clean, after a separate download, giving Windows users access to more than 1,700 additional cleaners.
- Supports more frequent software updates, with new features.
Those responsible for this application tell us the following about it:
- When your computer is getting full, BleachBit quickly frees up disk space.
- When your information is just your business, BleachBit protects your privacy.
- With BleachBit you can clear cache, delete cookies, clear internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn’t know was there.
- Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it cleans thousands of applications, including Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and more.
- Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features like shredding files to prevent recovery, cleaning up free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster.
- Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
To get the application you have to access BleachBit . Remember that it works on the latest versions of Windows, Linux and macOS.