Being able to have a cloud storage server and browser is appreciated. All of us who manage one or more websites need to have an application, such as Filezilla or WinSCP , that allows us to send files, generally through the FTP protocol, from our computer to the web server and also in the opposite direction.
But we are not the only ones who must have an application that deals with this and more. All of us who are on the Internet are going to need a tool like the one we are proposing now, Cyberduck at any time .
What does Cyberduck offer?
It is an open source application that, as explained on the home page of the website that hosts it, is capable of managing everything that requires FTP (File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer) , WebDav, Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift, Backblaze B2, Microsoft Azure, Onedrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Also, it is an open source application that works smoothly on both Windows and macOS computers.
Among the functions it offers are the following:
- It supports quick and easy integration with a content delivery network (CDN) like Akamai, making a website more robust and improving uptime.
- Allows access to Amazon S3 storage as if it were an external hard drive.
- It includes quick access to Internet URLs for the files you are uploading and downloading.
- It offers support for Growl (macOS).
- It also offers support for SSH, as well as two-factor authentication or steps with Google.
- It also allows file encryption.
- It supports editing files on the server using the editor preferred by each user.
- Allows the distribution of content in the cloud.
If you need a simple and reliable FTP client, it is best to turn to Cyberduck . Includes everything necessary for management. Thus it allows the modification of file permissions, shows hidden files, and offers complete information about speed limits. All this on a very intuitive and easy-to-use interface, in which navigation is highly efficient. It also works with external providers, using the S3 or OpenStack Swift API.
Those responsible for Cyberduck tell us the following about this application:
« Connection to all servers. With an easy-to-use interface, connect to servers, enterprise file sharing, and cloud storage. You can find connection profiles for popular hosting service providers .”
As we have indicated, it is a free open source application. To download it you have to access Cyberduck . As we have already said, it works without problems on Windows and macOS. Supported languages include Spanish. A new version of it has come out today.