Windows has a nice file explorer that allows us to view all our documents, files and folders ordered according to the name of the drive which are identified by different letters. In this way we can separate the content on different hard drives and we can always have them identified. At this point, you may be wondering if it is possible to change the letter to the drive in Windows 10 and the truth is that it can. Below in MrAppsGeek we explain how it is done quickly and easily.
How to Change Drive Letter Assignment in Windows 10 Step by Step 2023
The first thing we should know is that every time we connect a storage unit to our PC, it automatically gives it a letter by default . In this way we can always know which unit we are accessing.
Although this is assigned automatically, there is a method to put another letter to a Windows 10 drive manually . To do this, you just have to do the following:
- We right click on “Start” .
- We enter “Disk Manager” .
Put Another Letter A Disk Drive In Windows 10 Easy and Fast 2023
Once inside this section we must do the following:
- Select a drive and click the right mouse button .
- In the pop-up menu we click on “Change the Drive Letter and paths” .
Assign A Drive Letter In Windows 10
- On the next screen we must click on the section that says “Change” .
- A new window will open in which we can assign a letter to the unit, a list will appear with the available letters of the alphabet . Once we have assigned one of them, we will click on “Accept” .
And these would be the steps to follow to put another letter on a hard drive in Windows 10 . If you have any questions you can always leave me a comment. Do not forget to share this article with your friends and family on your social networks, that would help me a lot to keep going…