There is nothing more annoying than screen flickering in Windows 10 . Basically what happens is that when we move through the menus, the desktop, but especially when playing games, our screen flickers . This is certainly frustrating and is a more common error than one might think. Luckily today in MrAppsGeek we are going to give you some solutions to try to repair this annoying problem in the easiest and fastest way possible.
Why is my screen flickering in Windows 10?
The origin of this problem is usually due to the following:
- Outdated video drivers.
- A bad video driver update.
- Very low screen refresh rate.
How To Fix Screen Flickering Problems In Windows 10 2023
Next we will try to give you a solution to screen flickering in Windows 10 , remember that if one method does not work for you, simply go to the next.
Update Video Drivers To Eliminate Screen Flickering In Windows 10
To remove screen flickering in Windows 10 , the first thing we must do is update the video drivers to the latest version , for this we must follow these steps:
- We click on the right “Start” button .
- We enter “Device Manager” .
- Once inside we select our graphics card and click the right mouse button .
- A submenu will open and we click on “Update Driver” .
Then we will give the first option that says “search for updated driver software automatically” .
If this doesn’t get rid of monitor flickering in Windows 10 , move on to the next method.
Uninstall Video Drivers To Remove Monitor Flickering In Windows 10
It is possible that the flickering on the monitor is due to a bad update of the video drivers so it would be advisable to uninstall them and reinstall them again . To do this we must go to the Windows 10 search bar and write “Control Panel” and enter the best match.
Once inside we must give it where it says “Uninstall a Program” .
- We select the driver to delete.
- We click on “Uninstall or Change” .
Now below I will leave you 2 links so that you can update your graphics either Nvidia or AMD :
Increase Hz To Fix Screen Flickering Issue In Windows 10
Lastly, it is possible that screen flickering in Windows 10 is simply due to a low refresh rate . To solve it, what we must do is place the cursor on the desktop and press the right mouse button.
- Now we will enter the left part and we will click on “Screen” .
- We will look at the right side and enter where it says “Advanced Screen Settings” .
In “Advanced Screen Settings” we will go to the bottom and do the following:
- We click on “Show Display Adapter Properties” .
- We select the “Monitor” tab .
- We select the highest available screen refresh rate for you .
And that’s it, with this we should have solved the screen flickering problem in Windows 10 easily and quickly . If you have any questions you can always leave me a comment, I will try to answer. Do not forget to share this article with your social networks, that would help me a lot to move forward…