If you are here it is because you would like to know how to put a password on the computer in Windows 10 . In this way you will be able to make your PC a safer work tool , which is why in the following MrAppsGeek article we will show you how to do it step by step .
How to put a password to my PC with Windows 10?
The first thing we must do to put a key to the computer in Windows 10 is to enter “Start” and once inside we will click on “Settings”, as in the photo.
Now we enter the “Accounts” section .
Now we will look at the left part of the screen where it says “Login Options” , we enter that section and on the right we will look at a section that says “Password” , we will then click on “Add” .
How to put a password on a computer
This is where we will have to fill in the following sections:
- New Password.
- Write the password, again.
- Password hint.
Once we finish we click on “Next” and that’s it we already know how to put a startup password on the computer with Windows 10 .
How to put a key in Windows 8
To put a startup password in Windows 8 you just have to follow the following steps:
- Press the key combination “Windows + C” (to go to Control Panel ).
- In “Control Panel” we go to the following route: User accounts and child protection> User accounts> Change password .
- We put the password and click on “Next” .
- Now we must write our email and click on “Next” .
- A message with a code will arrive in our email inbox, we enter it in the confirmation window and click “Next” .
- Now we can write the password in the following boxes: «Old Password», «Create a new password» and «Retype the password» .
How to put password to computer windows 7
To put a start key in Windows 7 we just have to follow the following steps:
- We go to “Start” and then to “Control Panel”.
- We click on “Add or remove user accounts”.
- We will see the user profiles of the PC, we select ours.
- We click on “Create a password”.
- Now we only have to fill in the following fields, “New password”, “Confirm new password” and “Create password” .
With this you already know how to put a password on the computer in Windows 10, 8 and 7 , as a tip always use easy-to-remember passwords .
If you have any questions with this tutorial you can always leave me a comment, I promise to answer. Don’t forget to share this article with your social networks , please, that would help me a lot to continue helping the community with tutorials like this one…