Knowing how to put the equals sign on the keyboard is a spelling resource that every user should know since it is a symbol widely used in the mathematical context. The problem occurs when we have problems with the keyboard or we are not very familiar with computers and we need to remove this sign . But you have nothing to worry about, at MrAppsGeek we understand your situation and then we will explain where the equals sign is on any keyboard through photos and videos to make it easier to understand this tutorial.
What Is The Equals Sign On The Keyboard?
The equals symbol is a mathematical symbol that symbolizes the equality between 2 numbers . This sign is represented by 2 parallel horizontal lines as you can see below «=» .
How to put the equal symbol on the keyboard step by step 2023
To get the equals symbol on the keyboard we must press the following key combination:
Press the “Shift” or “Shift” key , which is located just below the “Enter” key (Enter) .
- Without releasing the «Shift» key, we press the «0» (zero) at the same time.
- If we have pressed the 2 previous keys at the same time correctly, the equality symbol on the keyboard will appear on the screen.
How to put the equals sign on the American keyboard easy and fast 2023
To put the equal symbol on the English or American keyboard, simply press the following key combination :
- Press the «ALT» key and without releasing it we write «61» , and then release the «ALT» key . This will activate the “=” symbol in ASCII code.
How to use the character map to get the equal sign on any keyboard 2023
If after all of the above, you are still wondering where the equal sign is on the keyboard , you should know that there is a tool in Windows 10 called character map that will help you solve your problem.
What Is The Character Map And What Is It For?
Character Map is a Windows tool that contains all fonts with all common and special characters installed on the system.
How to put the = sign with the Windows 10 2023 Character Map
The first thing we must do is go to the Windows search engine and write the following:
- Characters map.
- We entered the best match.
- Here we select the “=” sign .
- We click on “Select” .
- We click on “Copy” .
We go to any text editor and do the following:
- We display the contextual menu by pressing the right button and we hit paste on the clipboard .
- We will see how the equals symbol makes its appearance .
And these are the different ways to type the equal sign on the computer keyboard . If you have any questions you can always leave me a comment and I will try to solve it as soon as possible. I also remind you that if you share this content you help me a lot to continue with this project. Thank you for everything!