Repairing Word documents that we cannot open because they are damaged is something to be thankful for. Not being able to open a Word document that holds relevant information is downright frustrating. When we try it, we see that a message is displayed indicating that the file is damaged.
To solve the problem, it is best to resort to an online Word document recovery service . With it we can do what we want without having to install anything on our computer. It is possible to perform the recovery on any device, since it is done directly from the web browser.
Online recovery process of a Word document
To carry out the process of recovering the damaged document, the following process must be followed:
- Click on the Select file button to indicate which document, stored on our computer or in another type of unit, we want to recover.
- We write, in the second step, our email address.
- We then introduce the characters from the captcha image in order to demonstrate that we are not a robot.
- Click on the Next step button .
- After waiting for the file to be recovered, we can download it, already corrected, to our computer.
The recovered files will be saved in the .docx format , the one used in the latest versions of Microsoft Word.
Use Recovery Toolbox for Word
Apart from online repair of Word documents, there is also the possibility to do it using Recovery Toolbox for Word . It is an application intended for this purpose, which does its job efficiently.
With this software we will be able to extract the text of any file that supports the following formats: *.doc, *.docx, *.dot, *.dotx, *.rtf . It does not matter what the version or the size of the document is.
The recovery process is very simple. You just have to follow the following steps:
- Download and install Recovery Toolbox for Word . An application that works without problems in the latest versions of Windows.
- After starting the application, after its installation, it is necessary to indicate which is the damaged file in the boot screen of the program.
- Click on Analyze to proceed with the analysis of the document.
- When the previous step is finished, a preview of the already corrected document will be displayed.
- To start the repair, click on Start Recovery .
Features of Recovery Toolbox for Word
Among the characteristics that define this powerful application, the following stand out:
- Repair damaged DOC files of Office 2007/2010/2013/2016/2019.
- Recover a damaged DOC file (*.doc files) with ASCII and Unicode text format.
- Export the recovered texts directly to Microsoft Office Word.
- Repair RTF files (rich text files).
- The Microsoft Word file recovery program uses unique heuristic filters to filter out disposable items from recovered documents.
- Microsoft Word recovery feature allows you to save recovered texts as *.txt files.
- Availability of an intuitive and flexible user interface with support for 14 languages, including Spanish.
- This Microsoft Word text recovery tool is compatible and tested with all these Windows operating systems: 98/NT 4.0/2000/Me/XP/Vista/7/8/10.
- It includes several different algorithms for deep text recovery of Word files of various formats (Microsoft Word 95/98/2000/XP/2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/2019).
If from time to time we discover that a file of the indicated types has been damaged, we have two options for its recovery. The first, online recovery, is ideal for specific cases. The second, which involves downloading and installing the recovery application, is valid for all kinds of cases. Yours is the decision to select the one that best suits your needs.