Knowing how to use the image search engine in Google is a resource that every user should know, since in this way you can know in which portals any photo is uploaded. This is very useful if you work with copyrighted photographs and you would like to know if someone has uploaded your images without your permission , so it can be (if necessary) tremendously useful. That is why below in MrAppsGeek we will show you how to search by image in Google step by step and we even have a video where we show you how to do it.
What Is Reverse Google Image Search And What Is It For?
It simply consists of using an example image to perform a search and obtain information through its content (either by its color, texture, and even metadata ). In this way we will be able to know in which web pages said images or similar photographs are uploaded.
What are the benefits of using the Google Image Search Engine?
Using Google images as a reverse search engine has many benefits, such as the following:
- Find out what the original source of a photograph is.
- Know on what date said image began to appear on the Internet.
- Check if someone is uploading your copyright protected content on other Websites without your permission.
- See if there are doctored versions of photographs.
- Discover the author of an image.
How to Do a Google Image Search Step by Step 2023
The first thing we must do to perform an image search is enter the following URL:
Once inside, we must select the icon where a camera appears to the right of the search engine .
How to Search Image in Google Easy and Fast 2023
In this section we will have several options:
- Paste directly the link of the photograph to search.
- Upload the image .
- In case of uploading the photograph we will click on “Select File” .
- The Windows 10 file explorer will open and we must select the photo to which we want to apply the reverse search .
- Once selected we will click on “Open” .
On the next screen we will see a lot of information that the Google image search engine will provide us , such as: its resolution, the name, visually similar photos and even the web pages on which said photograph is posted.
Search by image on Google now that you know how to do it ! And well, if you still have a question you can always leave me a comment and I will try to solve it as soon as possible. I also remind you that you have at your disposal the different buttons of social networks to share this content, that allows me to make more tutorials to continue helping other people, so thank you very much for everything!