In any operating system, files are essential for the operation of the equipment. Multi Commander is an application that acts as an advanced file manager, which includes not only the standard programming but also adds a series of options that allow you to manage, filter and manipulate files in different ways. Thus, it helps to better maintain the system, which results in better performance.
Advanced and powerful file manager
You will have to spend a little time to master the program, get used to using the different commands from buttons and menus. You will also find that many are accessible from a tab and others from separate dialog templates. After getting full control of Multi Commander you will discover its high performance and the enormous possibilities it offers. It is a program that supports many configurations, among which are the definition of new command buttons, the choice of different interface designs, the creation of user-defined commands, or the customization of menu options, among other possibilities.
These are the most outstanding characteristics:
- Allows you to have multiple folders open.
- Supports caching, allowing fast file browsing.
- Show all files in verbose or thumbnail mode.
- You can perform all actions in the background, allowing you to continue working without interruption.
- You can customize the design and colors, adjusting the style to the taste of each one.
- It supports several extensions and plugins that will increase its functionalities.
- Allows access to FTP, the registry, and Zip, 7-Zip, Rar, Tar, GZ, Bzz, and Jar files, among others.
- File permissions can be checked and changed when necessary.
- It includes several image tools, such as convert and rotate, view and remove EXIF tags, or adjust the date of the photos in the EXIF tag.
- It implements an internal image viewer for JPG, PNG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF and many RAW formats.
- It supports various audio tools, such as examining various properties of any file, as well as viewing and editing MP3 tags.
- It includes an open API so that developers can create extensions and plugins.
- It supports the typical drag and drop, as well as the use of keyboard shortcuts.
- It allows renaming files and folders quickly, with the possibility of undoing the actions carried out.
- It works with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
- It is capable of handling folders with thousands of files easily, and using filters to control actions.
- Allows you to compare folders and files.
- It includes a powerful script engine, which automates tasks.
- It is a portable application. It can be installed and run from a portable device (USB).
- Support of multiple languages, among which is Spanish.
To get the app, you need to access Multi Commander . It is a free application that works on the latest versions of Windows.