One of the biggest advantages that vector graphics offer over bitmap graphics is that they are fully resizable. When we increase its size, for example, no loss of quality is perceived.
For this reason, programs that allow working with this type of graphics, such as the traditional CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator or Freehand, are used to create posters, advertising brochures and the like. The worst thing about these tools is their high cost, but you also have INKSCAPE , a free Open Source application that has nothing to envy its older sisters.
What does INKSCAPE offer?
With Inkscape you will be able to do everything you do with any vector graphics editor program. You will be able to use shapes, various types of text, gradients, strokes, transformations, layers, vectorization of images originally in bitmaps, alignment of elements, and much more. It also offers the possibility of importing files in EPS, JPEG, PNG and TIFF formats. You can also export your creations to PNG format.
Among its characteristics, the following stand out:
- It has a large number of drawing tools. You can use your pencil or pen to create freehand objects.
- Supports the creation of typical geometric shapes: rectangles, ellipses, polygons, spirals…
- It is compatible with most graphic formats.
- For adding text there is a tool that offers great features and is very easy to use. It is possible to add titles and paragraphs, with full editing on the canvas.
- Supports bezier and spiro curves .
- Allows embedding of external images.
- It includes cloning, live object copy , being able to create patterns that will serve as models for different creations.
- It allows the manipulation of the created objects.
- Includes padding and border fixing on all kinds of objects.
- Supports interactive rendering and support for transparent PNG images.
- And much more…
Those responsible for this application explain the following to potential users:
Whether you’re an illustrator, designer, web developer, or just someone who needs to create vector work, Inkscape is for you!
- Flexible drawing tools.
- Extensive file format compatibility.
- Powerful text tool.
- Bezier and spiro curves.
The program is available for Windows, Linux and Mac. Around it there is a wide community of developers and collaborators who, at specific times, can help you resolve any doubts that arise in the use of the program.
To get this application you have to access INKSCAPE . Supported languages include Spanish.